How to Register Your Business with BIR Using the New Business Registration Portal
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has made it convenient for new businesses or those who are already in business but are not yet registered with BIR to apply for business registration online.
With the new system, taxpayers can avoid the long lines in the Revenue District Office (RDO) giving them a safer and more convenient way to register their business.
New Business Registration (NewBizReg) Portal
Recently, the BIR issued Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) 73-2021, announcing the availability of the New Business Registration (NewBizReg) Portal.
The NewBizReg Portal serves as the taxpayers’ access to the electronic submission of applications for business registration through electronic mail, which is available to individual and non-individual taxpayers.
Taxpayers-registrants must also answer the “Tax Type Questionnaire” (Annex A) and submit the document as an attachment to the email. The accomplished Tax Type Questionnaire will be the basis of BIR in determining the taxpayer’s tax types, which the taxpayer will be liable to.
Here are Five Steps to Register a Business Using the NewBizReg Portal
The New Business Registration (NewBizReg) Portal is an alternate channel in the processing of applications for the registration of a business.
Registrants-applicants shall prepare all scanned copies of required documents to be attached and to be submitted via email to the concerned BIR Revenue District Office (RDO).
- Scan all the required documentary requirements according to the taxpayer’s classification, either as an individual or non-individual pursuant to RMC 57-2020;
- Accomplish the “Tax Type Questionnaire” and scan the documents, to be included as attachments to the email application;
- Pay the Registration Fee and Documentary Stamp Tax (DST) of P500.00 and P30.00 respectively online through any accredited electronic payment channels of BIR;
- Attach all the required documents and send them to the email address of your respective RDO. Taxpayer-applicant will receive an acknowledgment email signifying the receipt of the application from the concerned Revenue District Office.
- Wait for the email advice on the scheduled pick-up of Certificate of Registration and buying of BIR Printed Receipts/Invoices or Authority to Print, if applicable.
Registering your new or existing business is now fast and easy with the NewBizReg Portal. All you need to do is scan all the required documents, pay the corresponding fees and send the documents to the respective RDO which has jurisdiction over your place of business.
As a taxpayer, you are mandated to file the tax returns and pay your tax dues on time. Considering that our tax system is based on voluntary compliance, it is always wise to know your tax obligations.
Do you need more help and professional advice in registering your business? We, at DJKA Business Services Inc., offer end-to-end solutions for your business registration needs. For inquiries and consultation, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Navigating BIR Tax Compliance: A Guide for Small Business Owners
- Expert Tips for Staying Up-to-Date with BIR Tax Laws and Compliance
- How to Keep a Daily Record of your Business Transactions
- Five (5) Tax Compliance Hacks for Start-ups After Business Registration
- What are the De Minimis Benefits Allowed Under the TRAIN Law?